Roasted Veggies with Orange Tahini Dressing
8zucchini, peeled and chopped
1 eggplant, peeled and diced
10 Brussel sprouts halved and cored
2 white onions, sliced
12 Button Mushrooms
8 dried chantrelles-reconstituted
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 cup Bariani extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 bay leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
fleur de sel and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl mix the zucchini, eggplant, brusselsprouts, onions, mushrooms and red peppers with the oil, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, oregano, garlic, orange juice, orange zest, salt and pepper. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, and preferably overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
3. On a large roasting pan, roast the vegetables, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the edges of some of the vegetables are starting to crisp. Remove from the oven and stir before returning to the oven for another 20 minutes. At this time reduce heat to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and continue cooking until vegetables are tender, turning every 20 minutes.
Orange and Tahini Dressing
2 teaspoons tahini
1 tablespoon blood orange vinegar
2 tablespoons bittersweet white balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned, seeded
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons 1000 flower honey
1 dash piment d' espelette
1 pinch ground cumin
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor, & puree until smooth.
2. Drizzle over grilled or roasted veggies!
SERVES 6 1 cup